Saturday, October 01, 2005

01 October Orcalab reports:

08:36 PDT Distant calls audible.
Good morning everyone! After a quiet night (except for boat noise) we began hearing distant "G-clan" calls on the Flower Island hydrophone a little before 7:45am. It sounds like the orcas are at the "top" of Blackfish Sound. Perhaps they will head into Johnstone Strait when the tide turns to flood in about an hour from now. Meanwhile, we're enjoying our first (lovely) October morning.

09:56 PDT Orcas (may be) approaching cameras.
The A12s & at least some I31s have entered Johnstone Strait via Blackney Pass & are now heading east past CP. Channel A.

12:16 PDT Orcas near mics.
The A12s and the I31s have finaslly moved closer to the Reserve and Robson Bight.
Distant calls audible.

15:50 PDT The A12s along with I80 and I46 are headed west back to CP.

Distant calls audible.

17:47 PDT The A12s, along with I46 & I80, have travelled north through Blackney Pass on the ebbing tide, and are now in Blackfish Sound. They are making occasional calls amongst intense boat noise.

No comments: